Friday, January 14, 2011

Double your Pleasure, Double your Fun


Losing 100lbs by July is an overwhelming goal if I think about how far I have to go.. It could very easily get discouraging.

The reason I have been going so strong is not because of the 100lb. goal, rather the short term goals I set for myself. These goals are attainable, not overwhelming, and ultimately will lead to the long term goal of 100.

So here's the breakdown.

In order to meet my goal by July 4 I need to lose about 17lbs per month.

So instead of the massive number of 100. I focus on the little 17. Much nicer.

To make sure that I hit that monthly goal of 17 I need to burn 4500 calories per day. This is definitely hard to do without spending awhile in the gym.

With that in mind, on Wednesday I decided to double my efforts at the gym and go twice a day. Once when I get off work at the hotel, and again at my regularly scheduled time with Kamie at 8.

Although it has been tough, it has really made a difference. I can now attain 4500 calories with ease. In fact, last night I burned 5338.

I never would've imagined that I would be working out this much and sticking to it. It's great.

I'm getting better at it too. Last night I did the puke workout with a few extras added in, and didn't puke. I chalked that up as a major success..

Kamie is awesome and a great motivator, and she doesn't let me quit.

I've been thinking a lot about training as of late. Last Friday Kamie was out of town so my friends Brad & Megan came to the gym with me as my motivators.

Well they had heard me talk about this puke workout and wanted to try it.

So I became the trainer for the night. I loved it. Much more fun being the trainer than the trainee.

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think I made a dang good one. Brad and Meg were good sports. I worked them pretty hard. No puke though.. Meg came close. haha

Speaking of goals, here's another one.

After July, and the road to 100 has ended. I want to become a certified trainer. Kamie has all the info I need to get started. She thinks I would make a good one too. That's all the validation I need.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Week 2 results!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jared Sagers I would LOVE to have you as my trainer! Someday if I ever live near you and IF I ever have money (don't count on that one... would you take dish washing as payment?) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you as my personal trainer! You really are very motivational (I'm not even being sarcastic - something new for me)... Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear Jilaine. I would love to train you.

    ReplyDelete