Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Season Premiere

Last night was my first night working out with Kamie, my trainer. It was tough but it felt so good to be up and moving. There is one thing I have noticed about going to the gym.. It may suck to start out with, but when you're done. You never regret doing it. There is always the feeling of pride and achievement.

I also discovered a couple wonderful perks about working with a trainer. She's always watching so I cant' slack, she encourages me when she can tell I'm getting tired, and once I'm done with a particular exercise, she tells me I'm awesome. :)

Working out alone in the past has always given me the same problems. I always slack when it gets tough, and I'm always disappointed in myself because I can't work out as well as I think I should be able to. Disappointment leads to discouragement and discouragement, for me anyway, leads right back to the fridge and no more trips to the gym.

I realize some people aren't as lucky as I am to have a trainer, but a good workout buddy who's not afraid to knock you down then build you up will work just as good.

Hey, by the way, another season premiere is on tonight.. The Biggest Loser: Season 11. Be sure to tune in and watch Rulon & Justin...

I was also informed of one more motivational tool for me....

If I meet my goals and be "Logan's Biggest Loser" I get to go to the Biggest Loser Finale in California. Sweet..

Happy Sweating!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jar! Nice reading, got a grantham-flashback, made me happy. Wish i could go on a workout with you. Good Luck kid! /Berggren

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Best of luck to you in such a worthy goal. I lost my dad in May to diabetes/heart disease. Both can usually be prevented. This is the first step. YOU CAN DO IT!

    - Holly (Lowell) Wever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Jared. Go all the way. I am starting again also as I have put back on 20 pounds. No fun.

    ReplyDelete