Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oom Papa Mow Mow

So before I started this workout I made a playlist of workout songs on my Ipod. These songs are loud and fast paced, something that can keep you pumped when the workout gets tough.

I like to listen to them but after an hour or so, my ears hurt, my head hurt and I'm ready to shut it right off.

Some of the songs I know the words to, others not so much.

I was always under the impression, created by my own mind, that one needs big loud music to be able to stay motivated during a workout.

Well those of you that know me pretty well know that my music taste got lost somewhere a few decades back, so the loud screaming music isn't really my fave.

So yesterday when I was on the elliptical, I decided to put on a group that I like and pretty much know the words to every song.

Any guesses???





Yup you got it.. The Oaks Ridge Boys.. That pic was taken in 2009 in Nashville.

If you don't know who they are.. shame on you.:) Here's a little video clip.



Not only did singing the songs help pass the time, the beat of most of the songs was right in line with the rhythm of my elliptical..


Moral of the story...

Listen to what you like when you workout, and sing along to the songs.

Preferably out loud!

Who do you like to listen to?

P.S. 2 days until Week 2 Results. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I just happen to have those boys stretched across my chest right now. Remember the concert with Kenny Rogers and the Oak Ridge Boys? And I was all excited to get a shirt with Kenny Rogers' old face on it (instead of his new face)? But once the Oak Ridge Boys played I decided I'd rather have them on my chest than Kenny (new or old face)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that. Fun concert! Probably wasn't the first time you had four old men on your chest. HAHAHAHAHA..

    ReplyDelete