Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Shove in the Right Direction.

Hey Everybody and welcome to my new blog.

Like some of you, I have had the same New Year's resolution year after year.. Always starting out good then faltering somewhere within the first few weeks. My resolution, as you can guess by the title, is losing those pesky few...100 pounds. :)

So here it is... My goal in 2011.. and you can quote me.

I will have lost 100 pounds by the time I step on stage to host the annual Vernon 4th of July program.

So here I am at my starting weight.. 320lbs... Blah!

A proper weight loss head shot

Riding in the saddle at Texas Roadhouse.. Eatin' ice cream.

There ya have it in black in white... Kind of a daunting goal when you look at it from a long perspective, but when it's broken down into smaller goals its actually quite achievable... and I won't be going it alone..

Unlike previous failed attempts when I tried to lose weight by myself, this time I am prepared with an artillery of motivational tools and good friends along the way.

My buddy Brad will be joining me on this jaunt.
Of course his weight loss goal is smaller than mine, but nonetheless we struggle with the same temptations that make losing weight a losing battle.

Also my two friends, who will be appearing on Season 11 of The Biggest Loser, are lending their support... and their wives...
Wait let me explain.

Rulon Gardner and Justin Pope have become two of my good friends. While they are sweating it out at The Biggest Loser Ranch, I will be sweating it out at Rulon's gym. His wife Kamie is my trainer, and Justin's wife Julie is my cheerleader..

Starting soon, I will be inviting the cameras for my show on The Valley Channel to document my journey for your entertainment. So bring the popcorn.

As other motivating steps, I have decided not to see any of my family until April, kinda the halfway point. Depending on whether you like your family or not this could or could not be a motivating tool for you.
Me, I kinda like mine.
They are all supporting me back in Vernon, so I want to look the best I can for when I see them 4 months from now.

Last but not least. I hope this blog will not only motivate me to stay the course, but in turn motivate you. We all know how tough losing weight can be. After years of trying to do it I think I have worked out all the reasons why I've failed in the past, and the underlying theme is:

STICK IT OUT... DON'T QUIT!

So I look forward to these next few months and I hope you'll join me!

3 comments:

  1. This will be exciting to watch! Maybe you should invite Boonie to try with you haha. Let me know if we can do anything to help out. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete