Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Supermarket Sweep

When it comes to eating healthy food, I am definitely not the person to give advice...

Until last week.

People have been asking me what I have been eating and it's really nothing secret or special, and if you can find the right stuff, it actually is quite tasty.

But first, let me tell you what I have not been eating, and when I have not been eating.

I used to eat out at least once a day, sometimes more. It was never a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich; rather a burger and fries or pizza.

That just spells disaster.

Also, another huge bad habit of mine was eating right before bed. Usually a bowl of cereal or dinner leftovers were my food of choice.

Although it probably helps you fall asleep faster and just makes you feel more comfy, this is not a good idea.

I have eliminated those two habits all together and I know that has been a huge factor in my first week of success. I mean it's just common sense. :)

So here are the things I have been eating.

Kamie has me on a higher protein diet. So my breakfast is usually a Special K Protein Bar. Sometimes I switch it up with some sugar free oatmeal, or a greek yogurt.

Lunch is either a turkey sandwich on wheat, or a Lean Cuisine. There are a lot of good Lean Cuisines in the freezer section of your grocer.:)

If it's the turkey sandie I eat, I usually eat some fat free cottage cheese along with it and a few carrot sticks. Followed by a sugar free pudding cup for dessert. Only 60 calories per cup.

Dinner is somewhat trickier, Sometimes I eat dinner with my friends Brad & Megan, so when that happens I eat whatever she makes, which is almost always healthy. If I'm eating alone I tend to just mix and match some healthy options.

That's pretty much it, nothing secret or special.

Here's a few tips that I have found to help me curb the craving for a snack and to eat smaller portions at mealtimes...

Water!

When the craving for a snack hits, have a glass of water. It may not take the craving away totally, but it definitely lessens the urge. Also if you drink a glass of water before you sit down to eat, it will help you feel full, faster.

I hope you find my meal plans helpful, and if you have any questions about food or exercise, let me know. I will run them by Kamie and get back with you.

Sorry there are no pictures with this entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment