Friday, January 7, 2011

Weighing In on Weighing In



Well tomorrow is the big weigh in for week 1. I hope you're all as excited as I am. I think this is the first time ever that I did not cheat. :) haha

I can see a difference in a few things like my shirt collars not feeling so tight and a little more room between my gut and the steering wheel. :) But it could be me just imagining it. Only time will tell.

I would like to share with you a few things I've learned over the many failed attempts at losing weight, particularly concerning weigh ins.

DO NOT KEEP A SCALE AT YOUR HOUSE!!!

There is an overwhelming temptation to weigh yourself every day. Especially if you are working out and eating healthy. This is not a good idea.

Body weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs during the course of a day.. So one day you may weigh in and be happy with the result and the next day you do it again, but find you gained a few pounds.

Coming from personal experience, seeing that happen is SUPER frustrating.

So it's best to elimate that temptation all together.

Get rid of your scale!

Keep it a friend's house or use a scale at your gym.

I hope you find these tips helpful.

Now let's all raise a glass of Slim-Fast in hopes of a successful week.

1 comment:

  1. Jared, this has been so interesting to read so far. I'm excited to hear about the weigh-in! What kinds of things are you doing to see results? For instance, how long are your workouts and what kinds of things do you do? What types of things are you eating? We're following along at our house and trying to be healthier too!

    ReplyDelete