Friday, January 21, 2011

What's up Doc?

I was informed last night by Kamie that she had set me up an appointment to meet with a doctor today..

This doc has a machine that can pinpoint where your metabolic rate is, and it shows other cool things like body fat percentage.

So today we went.

I had to first stand on a scale, barefoot, while it calculated all my stats. Then it spit out a little paper with the results.

My body fat percentage is 38%. Which was lower than I thought; and apparently I am really strong because I have 138lbs. of muscle. I don't where it is, but I guess it's in there somewhere..

Then we had to figure our metabolic rate.. This test is accomplished by breathing through a tube for 10 minutes. A "pincher" is placed on your nose to help avoid the temptation of breathing through it..

Kamie snapped this pic...




After a really long 10 minutes, I was done..

My metabolism is 5% slower than normal... In stark contrast, Kamie's is 24% above normal... Lucky

It was a fun experience and it's fun to learn about all this body stuff. Makes me think I should have paid closer attention in health class. :)

Hey.... Weigh-in tomorrow. Get excited!

3 comments: