Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When it Rains, it Pours


It seems like every time I've tried losing weight in the past, there has always been something that has popped up that makes it difficult to get to the gym, or is frustrating enough that it makes me want to just throw in the towel.

In the past it has usually been either an illness, or finances, or something at work that requires a lot of attention. Once I lose focus, I begin to miss a workout here and there, or quickly grab something at McDonalds on my way to work. Then eventually it just fizzles out all together.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this time I have my focus set. Working out comes first and everything else comes second.

Finances have always been one thing that stresses me out, and this month, as I have been doing so well, everything else seems to be breaking down. haha..

In the past 2 weeks I have had to buy a new laptop, get some repairs done on my car, my cable promotion ran out and so my bill was sky high, and pay all the other bills I have.

I'm not saying this to complain, or to beg for money. I'm merely making the point that when your life begins to turn around and you are winning the battle, things crop up that try to bring you back down to where you were...

But guess what???

This time it is not working.. My focus is set. I am happy!

Bring it on life!

2 comments:

  1. The perfect attitude! I just read a quote, "change your thoughts & change your world." That's happening for you. Keep hittin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be saving a ton on your food budget though, right? I kinda figured you could pay for the gym and trainer and such with the money you are saving by not eating out. I know how much you would spend, I used to do it too... I even have the student loans to prove it :)

    ReplyDelete